Friday, April 2, 2010

AZAM Writers Award 2009

I joined AZAM Writer Competition last year in the comic strip category. Well, I didn't place a high confidence in winning it as the participants are "everyone" in Sarawak, including Medias and students.

Somehow with some lady luck, I got myself adjudged as the 2nd prize winner for that particular category and I was invited to the prize giving ceremony in Four Point by Sheraton @ Kuching.



The ceremony started around 9.30 but I arrived early so I went around to take some pictures.

Notice of the event

A huge lobby

Vroomm!! Car of the hotel's boss? Nah~ Just a display set at the lobby =_=

After walking around, i reached the ballroom for the event. There were others who arrived earlier than me (Kiasuism?) Maybe we were too eager to receive the prize =_="

Guest waiting outside the ballroom

Registration of guests

After waiting for around 30 minutes, all of the guests were invited into the ballroom which were nicely decorated. I was seated at table 12 with some other winners but most of them are in student's category.


Table 12


The ceremony was supposed to be presented by our Sarawak's Chief Minister! but I guess he is a very busy + important person that he didn't turn up during the event. However, he did send a representative.

Speeches was given by some of the important people before they proceed to the prize presentation ceremony.

VVIP giving speeches

Out or boredom -_-"

I didn't manage to snap the picture of me receiving the prize :( Anyway, here's the prize!! Thank you AZAM! Thank you Petronas! I'm going to join it again this year XD

If you are interested to the my winning comic strip, do stay tune at our main blog "http://theeggyolks.blogspot.com/". Will update it soon :D


By: Egg and Yolk

3 comments:

KwOnG FeI said...

congrats!~

Unknown said...

Wow, congrats.. ^^

atreyu strange said...

Hey, congrats! You have a lot of creative ideas so keep it going okay!

Post a Comment